If you have been around the world of tactical and outdoor flashlights for very long you have most likely heard the name Olight. They are a global, technology driven company that produces quality lighting products. One fact that many folks may not know about the Olight brand name and company is that they now produce quality knives. Introducing the Oknife Splint, a value priced knife with unmatched quality!
There are four knives listed on the Olight website:
- Splint Folding Knife-Ti
- Nightclaw EDC Knife
- Folding Pocket Drever
- Splint Folding Knife
I was fortunate to get my hands on the Splint Folding Knife from Olight for a tryout. My first impression is that this knife is light weight, easy to deploy and razor sharp! I like the deep carry pocket clip for maximum concealability.
Key characteristics of Olight’s Splint Folding Knife are:
● Premium Quality: N690 stainless steel blade with high wear resistance and sturdy contoured G10 handle
● Sharp Clip Point Blade: Full-flat ground blade with a sharp tip and reinforced hardness; making piercing, slicing, skinning a breeze
● Swift & Safe: Quick and easy access with the intuitive flipper tab and thumb hole. A stout stainless liner lock ensures a safe lockup
● Compact & Portable: Only 3.96 inches when folded. The deep-carry pocket clip is perfect for daily carry and storage
● High Standards: Meets BSCI and ISO 14000 accreditation requirements and FDA food safety standards
Not being very familiar with the N690 stainless steel I did a bit of research and found the following:
The N690 Cobalt Stainless Steel is made in Austria by a company known for making steel that can be made into sharp knives and surgical instruments. N690 is a high-end stainless steel with an alloy that is common in many good knives. It is a durable knife steel that is wear-resistant. It is also a very hard steel. Its overall performance and ability to hold an edge is superior.
Specifications and features of the Oknife Splint as its also known are:
- Blade Grind, Full Flat Grind
- Blade Length, 2.97 inches
- Handle Length, 3.96 inches
- Overall Length, 6.93 inches
- Handle Material, G10
- Blade Style, Clip Point
- Lock, Liner Lock
- Weight, 2.83 ounces
- Rockwell Hardness Test, Blade: HRC 58±2
- Warranty, Olights’s Lifetime Warranty
- Offered in Black and Grey
- Pricing, $69.95
The Oknife Splint comes in a soft carry case contained in a solid box along with a very nice challenge type coin specific to the Splint Folder. I consider this knife to be an excellent carry blade for outdoor or indoor use of all types. The inner lock runs on a low friction ball bearing system making opening the blade with the thumb hole or flipper tab a breeze. Its compact but solid built lightweight frame with a deep pocket clip make it perfect for day-to-day carry.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
TERRY NELSON – is a 30-year veteran of law enforcement with police and sheriff agencies, including SWAT and sniper roles, and has served as a state game warden. Nelson also served seven years with New Mexico State Guard. A lifelong hunter, guide, tracker and firearms enthusiast, Terry is sought for training in multiple disciplines by both civilian and police-serving agencies and companies. Nelson also holds a Basic Tac Med instructor certification from Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.